Museum of Belarusian Polesye
The museum was founded on 1 July 1926 and opened on 5 April 1936. In 1940, it was the Pinsk Local History and Folk Museum, and from 1954 it was the Pinsk Local History Museum. By the Decision of the Belarusian Communist Party Central Committee in 1978 and the Decision of the Ministry of Culture of the BSSR on 4 January 1979, the museum was turned into the Belarusian State Museum of the Socialist Transformation of Polesye. On 1 November 1990, it was renamed into the Museum of Belarusian Polesye. Today, the museum presents temporary exhibitions, such as: «The history of Pinsk,» «Nature of Polesye», «Pinsk during the Great Patriotic War», «Russian Art of the 19th - 20th Centuries.», «Portraiture of the 18th - 19th Centuries», «Belarusian Painting in 1950 - 1980», «Trade and Crafts of Polesye», «Urban Life of the Early 20th Century», the Gallery of Partisan Glory. The main museum fund on 1 July 2012 consists of 66,783 item; the research additional fund includes 15,696 items. Today, the main tasks of the museum personnel are to set up a permanent collection, to compile an electronic catalog of museum items, to conduct research, educational and exhibition work.